In this episode, Joshua talks with Natalee Allen Champlin, former host of the third episode of The Mentee Podcast. Natalee shares the unusual way she became the host of a podcast that she didn’t start herself and the lessons (both good and bad) from that experience.
What We Talked About
- How Natalee transitioned from podcast listener to host
- Why Geoff (the owner of The Mentee Podcast) chose an unusual method to keep his podcast alive
- How to learn from every experience to become better…including failure
- Lessons Natalee learned about growing as a podcaster
- How to find your “sweet spot” as a podcaster in a world full of podcasts
- Be open to new experiments. An experiment, like a change in podcast format or features, could open a new opportunity for you.
- Don’t be afraid of healthy conflict. When working with others, don’t be afraid to stand by and defend your ideas on a project or idea.
- Don’t hold on to failure. If something no longer serves you or your mission, don’t be afraid to let it go.
- Learn from your failure. Every experience offers opportunities for learning.
About Your Guest
Natalee Chapman is an entrepreneur, Mom, “wannabe astronaut” fill-in marketing director, business coach, and former host of the third season of The Mentee Project who is building a leadership development company.
My Best Self Podcast
My Best Self Facebook Community
Resources to Check Out
Final episode of The Mentee Podcast